Does your POCO M5S shut down unexpectedly and without warning? In this post, we’ll provide you with 5 effective tips to fix this issue and prevent your POCO M5S from turning off on its own.
It’s frustrating when your POCO M5S unexpectedly shuts down, especially if this happens frequently. However, you don’t have to live with this issue, as there are solutions to address it.
POCO M5S Shuts Down Unexpectedly (Do This)
In this guide, we’ll present you with five practical tips to fix a POCO M5S that powers off on its own and prevent this inconvenience from happening again.
Tip 1: Check the Battery and Charging
One of the most common reasons for a POCO M5S to shut down unexpectedly is a faulty battery or charging issues. It’s important to start by checking the health of the battery and the quality of the charging.
1. Ensure that your POCO M5S’s battery is in good condition and not swollen.
2. Make sure you’re using an original MOTOROLA charger and cable.
3. Clean the phone’s charging ports and the charger to ensure a good connection.
Tip 2: Close Background Apps
Having many apps running in the background can overload your POCO M5S’s system, which might lead to unexpected shutdowns. It’s like your phone is running a marathon with a backpack full of unnecessary apps.
1. Open the recent apps screen and close all apps you’re not using.
2. Ensure that apps aren’t running in the background and consuming unnecessary resources.
Tip 3: Monitor POCO M5S Temperature
An overheating POCO M5S can be the cause of unexpected shutdowns. When the device reaches extremely high temperatures, it automatically shuts down to protect its internal components.
1. Avoid exposing your phone to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
2. If you feel that the POCO M5S is getting too hot, turn it off for a while and let it cool down before turning it on again.
Tip 4: Update the Operating System and Apps
Outdated software can lead to unexpected shutdowns on your POCO M5S. Software updates often include bug fixes that address such issues.
1. Go to the settings on your POCO M5S.
2. Look for «Software Update» and check if there are updates available for the operating system and apps.
3. Download and install any pending updates.
Tip 5: Perform a Factory Reset
When issues persist and nothing seems to work, performing a factory reset on the POCO M5S might be the solution. Keep in mind that this will erase all your data, so it’s a drastic measure.
1. Back up your important data.
2. Access «Settings» on your POCO M5S.
3. Find «General Management» and select «Reset.»
4. Choose «Factory Data Reset» and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Restore your data from the backup after the reset.
If your POCO M5S turns off unexpectedly and on its own, these five tips will provide you with effective solutions to prevent this issue.
1. Check the Battery and Charging
2. Close Background Apps
3. Monitor POCO M5S Temperature
4. Update the Operating System and Apps
5. Perform a Factory Reset
With these steps, you can enjoy a POCO M5S that won’t shut down on its own and functions reliably.